Please enable / Por favor activa JavaScript!
Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak review  Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak review

Valoración de éste post
4.65 / 5 de 24 votos

Puntos totales:

Enhorabuena!

Benny Hill's music makes every little thing superior. Fact. Now, I most strongly advocate that you simply hit Yakety Sax on Youtube, and let it play all through this review. Your reading experience may be stronger. In any case, it's time to examine Ubuntu once more. or not it's only been six month due to the fact the quite underwhelming Xerus LTS, and most effective just a few days seeing that I tested it the 2nd time round, with best marginal advancements.

I’m in fact irritated, as a result of I think that the Linux computer is dying, and Canonical is slowly spearheading this effort, the identical way it as soon as led Linux out of the basement and into the mainstream cognizance. However let's see what gives. Probably Yakkety Yak is a fine unlock. Probably it's going to behave nicely on my G50 container. Let us.

Reside session

Loaded simply quality, with the normal appear & suppose. it be additionally relatively snappy for whatever running from a thumb power. I didn't have any complications getting started, and this includes connecting to my instant entry aspect. No matter if the network connectivity will hold remains to be considered. Realtek FTW.

Visita Exaforo.com

Network-related stuff

Ah yes. So, wireless, examine. What about Samba sharing? I had to authenticate, of course, as a result of Samba people are paranoid, and that they keep insisting on including commercial enterprise level safety within the computing device arena. Just nonsense. I needed to combat timeouts for ages earlier than i was able to connect to my home windows shares. I am certain someone will choose to pin this down on me rather than proclaim it yet another regression within the Linux world.

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

Samba printing - even worse. In the past, as little returned as Xerus, you could in reality deploy the missing applications essential for Samba printing. Why show the option if you want additional programs, specifically in case you can't have them within they are living session? In the past, say Trusty and friends, this little 40Kb dependency changed into a part of the image build. So this is also a regression. A logo of everything this is unholy and incorrect with Linux. Additionally, the wizard iced over and had to be challenging-killed. Data became also gradual until it tried to determine the Samba piece. Pathetic.

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

Then, be aware the graphical artefacts. Rolling the mouse over diverse alternatives in the print wizard completely jumbles it. Again, we did not have this in the past. Ever. So please, should you reddit this, be certain you aspect out how I’m a windows fanboy, and the way all these clean new problems are someway all and sundry else's fault. If I had a company and launched a product like this, I might cut off my fingers so I might never code once more.

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

Different stuff

Smartly, song would not play, and once again, no instantaneous to grab codecs. An additional regression. Info comes without an option to create data within the appropriate-click on context menu. This is minority ported straight from Gnome. All it takes is 10 seconds to create a number of template information so that your product does not seem like a rabbit mangled by using a DU Sabot circular. Regressions are the theme of this free up, it seems, and this can have an effect on each CLONE AND PORT out there with none QA finished. I guess you a shilling. And the Linux will slip another rung down the relevance ladder, and it will turn into much less vital, much less conceivable as a choice for windows clients, and we can be that plenty nearer dying.

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

The media participant simply sat there; it did not even bother looking for codecs.

The dash or something or not it's called - is additionally damaged. In spite of the fact that I let it search online, it found nothing. I had copied several music files, nevertheless it still wasn't able to find them. What's the point? Why did you even hassle releasing this to the market? To satisfy a deadline?

Visita Exaforo.com

Installing

The wizard is slower than ever earlier than. It took an age launching, yet another period to scan the partitions, and then it waited for roughly five minutes re-scanning disks after I've made my selections. All this was a brief and convenient job in the past. Snappy. Pleasant. ZFS continues to be not a choice, however it was promised a long time ago.
After I begun the installation, the wizard hit one more glitch. I selected the time zone and clicked the button to continue, but it stayed frozen. I actually had to hit Enter to get the installer to stream on to the subsequent step. It also auto-resized when it reached the slideshow. at least it entire with none blunders, and I was able to login into the laptop and take a look at to comprehensive my assessment and undo one of the monumental nonsense that I've viewed to date.

Visita Exaforo.com

Publish-deploy sadness

As soon as the furry bison turned into installed, I set about doing all of the different issues that I constantly do, and that also comprises re-running one of the earlier steps. As an example, printing to Samba. We did not have the dep., and the mechanism eventually worked.

Visita Exaforo.com

Multimedia playback

I certainly checked the right boxes during the setting up, and yet, as soon as I launched an MP3 song, Ubuntu complained. Now, the instant makes as lots sense as any other nerdy popup you might have seen in the ultimate 15 years of Linux, and it be an indication of yet greater regressions. I don't care what Gstreamer is. Simply let me play my tune.

Visita Exaforo.com

At last we had our necessary assist. Of path, movies is the default music player for some rationale, even notwithstanding it does not have any gadget area integration, although Rhythmbox is put in. simply pathetic.

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

Smartphone support

Speaking of Rhythmbox, it has no assist for smartphones anymore, the style it used to have in the remaining, lower than a year ago. This little participant has also regressed, like everything else in the wider Linux world. Despite the fact, as a minimum the device was capable of recognize and mount my various devices. This time around, I used an iPhone 5 instead of iPhone 6, as my newer model turned into present process a restoration - shattered monitor. Nonetheless, it become installed handiest using PTP in place of MTP. At the very least, the Ubuntu cell become correctly utilized, and i become even capable of play songs off of it. Nonetheless, or not it's a sad situation.

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

But it truly is now not all. The brand new file supervisor is barely useless. In case you alternate its size, it'll not resize all its points proportionally. At some aspect, it'll delivery cropping the stuff on the correct aspect in a most grotesque and unprofessional style. Here is a brand new stupidity brought into Ubuntu, yet another development that has transformed an ok file supervisor into appropriate diarrhoea. I wager here is Gnome stuff far and wide again, simply as I all started a little bit warming as much as it via my Fedora 24 escapades. The style I see it, Gnome three, PulseAudio and Systemd will at last be the demise of the Linux desktop. The dumbing down of the consumer interface paired up with the horrible structure of some of the core add-ons within the historical past will spoil any remaining vestiges of great nevertheless left in the laptop. Within the conclusion, no one will use Linux, because it should be less solid than probably the most extra unique nuclear isotopes. The French have a phrase for this. Or not it's referred to as cretinism digital.

Visita Exaforo.com

Community woes

Now, issues are getting worse and worse. The community died. Okay. We’ve viewed this issue before. Nothing new here. G50 and its Realtek driver don't seem to be exactly the most widespread combo for distro trying out. Appropriate? Neatly, incorrect. This time, the recuperation from the failed community adventure became lots more advanced than earlier than.
During the past, modprobing the RTL8723BE driver out and into the memory became sufficient to fix the concern. In Yakkety Yak, you also have to HUP the DNS and DHCP services, as these remained borked, and that I had no name resolution after the community failure. So let's do a bit pastime, lets? In case you bear in mind my studies of the Ubuntu family unit within the remaining two years, then this is what we have:

Ubuntu 14.04 - Realtek issues, solvable the use of a little modprobe hack.
Ubuntu 15.04 & 15.10 - more everyday crashes, nevertheless solvable quality.
Ubuntu 16.04 - more popular crashes, network dies after waking from suspend and an even greater rigorous hack is required to get to the bottom of the network driver concerns.
Ubuntu 16.10 - much more regular crashes, plus you additionally deserve to HUP features besides re-inserting the module into the memory.

Here is still the identical G50 computer, the equal network card - and the identical reviewer. As that you can see, the problem lies squarely with Ubuntu. Or not it's simply getting worse and worse. Further and further regressions. And my existence drive is bleeding away. Oh, the droop & resume community subject? Nonetheless here! Six months later, this crap still has not been mounted!

Purposes

The default collection is inexpensive. Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice, Rhythmbox, Transmission. An ordinary utility or three, however not a great deal extra beyond that in fact. Nevertheless, sufficient.

Visita Exaforo.com

Kit administration

The application set would now not be a problem if the kit management piece became working competently, which it wasn't. The brand new application is pure shit. There is no different observe. Yes, it appears a little stronger than earlier than, but it surely remains infinitely worse than USC. Inferior. Buggy. Bear in mind my Steam search issue in the Xerus overview, where the utility was not showing up throughout the graphical utility, however it turned into on the command line using apt-get? Well, it changed into in short fastened in 16.04.1, and now it's returned. In case you search the use of software, you will not find one of the most crucial courses you might also need. You deserve to use the terminal to get correct results. Oh man. This complete issue needs to be nuked. I simply are looking to fake that Xerus and Yak on no account took place. They ruined my happiness. They ruined Linux. They killed the computing device and any hope at redemption. Bloody amateurs.

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

Aid utilization

Rather high. About 1.four GB memory utilization without any amazing fussing. The CPU is additionally relatively apprehensive, at about 5%, which is never actually something to be proud of. That said, this did not have an effect on the efficiency or responsiveness too a lot. However there's a whole lot to be done to make issues smoother, though.

Visita Exaforo.com

Suspend & resume

I told you how the network died after waking up. This has now not been rectified.

Hardware help

Decent, I guess. Apart from the images card artefacts side of issues, the network help aspect of things, the printing side of things, and the smartphone side of issues. At least the Bluetooth stack works a little stronger than earlier than, and the ugliness is a little bit removed from the equation.

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

Battery existence

No longer bad, all regarded. With full brightness and then 50% value, the computer provided just a little much less and a little bit greater than three hours, respectively, although the difference isn't statistically tremendous, which makes me believe that the harmony computer is the executive offender in place of static drainage of power. We also deserve to take under consideration how finicky this kind of check is, and the consequences may no longer be too accurate. Although, if we evaluate to what we had in the past, this is a development. A rare one. Additionally brings lower back the argument round battery lifestyles regression versus battery degradation, which used to be the favourite argument of all people that disagreed with how I measure things and report consequences.

Visita Exaforo.com

Visita Exaforo.com

Problems

What else? The Browser application - the Snap one - crashed for no respectable reason. Now, instant settings were not preserved and carried over from the live session when booting into the put in equipment, and this looks to be a first for Ubuntu. On-line search via dash remains weak and mostly beside the point, and it undermines the energy and advantage of this functionality the way it could have been realized. Just a few other system faults and bugs here and there, but that changed into mostly that.

Cohesion 8

Now, Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak also ships with the touch-competent solidarity 8 computer atmosphere, which we now have considered on the M10 pill, together with the fairly nifty Convergence mode. Appears first-rate, apart from it comes with most effective a tiny volume of apps, and no precise setup or directions on how to configure issues. we will evaluation this one at a time, however here's an additional neglected possibility to wow the users. One other less-than-most excellent offering.

Visita Exaforo.com

Conclusion

Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak is a buggy liberate, full of regressions and disappointment, and generally irrelevant in the wider scope of things. It’s also one other nail in the coffin for the Linux computing device, because it introduces much more complications and considerations. The functionality that was there before is lacking. As an alternative, we get weird choices that serve no intention, and new core apps are just horrible.

There’s little or no to compliment. The package management is awful. Codecs are lacking even when requested to be installed. The hardware help is deteriorating on all degrees. There are tons of visual bugs. There’s nothing new or unique within the laptop. I did not even trouble altering the wallpaper and creating a teaser photograph the manner I at all times do. I couldn't be any much less engaged. Staring at an ant ferry a depart to its nest is much more entertaining. I in reality don't be aware why Ubuntu is so involved in killing itself. Is it deliberate? Or simply incompetence? The rushed unencumber time table? What? No conception.

In any case, you may as well retailer yourself some time and bandwidth and simply ignore this edition. Yakkety Yak is pointless, and the ultimate Ubuntu in reality value using is Trusty. That one is a wonderful release. But 16.10? Pfft. 2/10. And whatever tells me this total season of distro releases, most of them Ubuntu-based mostly, is going to suck huge time. Let the bloodless and melancholy start.

No te pierdas el tema anterior: ChaletOS, la distribución Linux con apariencia Windows

Salta al siguiente tema: Ubuntu versus Linux Mint: Which one is superior?

Quizás también te interese:
Si has encontrado información útil en Exaforo, ayúdanos a seguir creciendo. Muchas gracias por confiar en nosotros!

Volver a Ubuntu client