Please enable / Por favor activa JavaScript!
Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Ubuntu versus Linux Mint: Which one is superior?  Ubuntu versus Linux Mint: Which one is superior?

Valoración de éste post
4.66 / 5 de 24 votos

Puntos totales:

Enhorabuena!

Visita Exaforo.com

Ubuntu and Linux Mint are two of the premier normal computing device distributions around. Each are extremely general with Linux clients, however which one is enhanced? For the reason that each of those distributions has a whole lot to present it can also be tricky to make a choice from them. Fortunately, a creator at Linux and Ubuntu has an advantageous evaluation between Linux Mint and Ubuntu.

Mohd Sohail studies for Linux and Ubuntu:

Each Ubuntu and Linux Mint have lots going for them and choosing one over the different. The main change between both is how they're carried out when it comes to the user Interface and help. Between the default flavours, (Ubuntu solidarity and Mint Cinnamon),it isn't handy recommending one over the other. Ubuntu suffered a good deal of backlash as a result of solidarity despite the fact that it is regarded the extra modern of the two, at the same time as Cinnamon is regarded the greater traditional however looks a little ancient-common.

Canonical has achieved a great job at preserving Ubuntu solid and at ease. They also try well to maintain their legitimate packages as new and updated at all times. They lay down their own infrastructure (that Mint relies on). They supply a go-to point for transitioning OS clients and agencies.

But Mint’s computer and menus are effortless to make use of while Ubuntu’s sprint may also be form of perplexing peculiarly for brand spanking new clients. It’s the gate that ex-home windows users stroll through and as such is probably the most welcoming to such persons. Mint gives more in terms of the pre-put in utility however discovering and installing software from Ubuntu’s utility core may also be a bit more straightforward.

So I’m picking Mint over Ubuntu, but don’t get me wrong, Ubuntu with team spirit is surprising when you be aware of what you are about. However with Canonical chasing unification of the laptop and mobile with team spirit eight, I do believe Linux Mint in its current state is wee bit advanced to Ubuntu. Mint is might be “Ubuntu carried out more advantageous”. Standard, Linux Mint with Cinnamon feels much more polished than Ubuntu with cohesion.

Greater at Linux and Ubuntu

The evaluation of Ubuntu and Linux Mint drew some feedback from readers of the weblog:

Bolski: “Love Ubuntu and you have got decisions. Cohesion is not for me and to me, what they try to do is what Microsoft failed at with home windows 8: a unified computing device for cellular and PCs. The difficulty is, PCs are not mobile contact instruments. Basically, both my daughters have contact-screen gadgets (one an ASUS netbook with home windows 10, the different and iOS MacBook). I cannot stand the contact screen. It simply doesn’t work.
I remember what they are trying to do with cohesion. I truly do and that i commend them for it, but it additionally feels restrictive now and then, which is whatever thing i like about Linux in everyday and the different computing device environments. The ability to customise the computing device to your whim. To me, it’s one issue to supply a “unified” laptop, nevertheless it’s completely a special issue when it’s limited in what you could personalize. That to me does go in opposition t the “freedom” of Linux. Of direction, others will argue about Mint including proprietary application by way of default. Some don’t even consider they should still be allowed to be installed. That also is proscribing the “freedom” that Linux is supposed to offer. I be aware means lower back when I was the use of Linux when it first all started popping out how excellent it was to ultimately have Unix on my own computer at home. Then years later, individuals screaming for supplier help for hardware, etc. Now we've it, and we've people saying now not to make use of it. Makes me scratch my head. Within the end, decisions. That you would be able to decide to set up noted proprietary software or no longer, but don’t restrict the entry to people who desire it.
However wonderful article and it indicates that both distro is a good selection depending on what you need, and what's first-rate is, even with Ubuntu’s default team spirit distro, you can effectively put in KDE, XFCE, Cinnamon and other computer replacements, or just opt for the relevant distro laptop config ISO and install it that means. Decisions are great to have. Cohesion isn't for me, in spite of the fact that I grew to settle for it, but i like Cinnamon superior, however that’s simply me. Try them all out and choose for yourself. Everybody has distinct tastes, as this article explains, but you cannot go incorrect with Ubuntu or Mint. Both are outstanding selections.

Harmlessdrudge: “I’ve used each of those for years. 1 factor in a hundred explains the difference in popularity? I don’t suppose so.

SteveA: “I pick Mint to harmony, now not most effective for myself for “new” users.
I’ve used Gnome three Shell, which has an identical “consider” to unity, and i appreciated it very smartly, however has a gaining knowledge of curve in getting to take into account the launcher and menu system. I found the use of distinct workspaces a large competencies when the usage of Gnome three or cohesion. Just my two cents. Respectable evaluate!

Rouillardjos: “I guess Mint with a more “windows” like interface win for the tremendous majority of users (between these two at the least) The Distrowatch.com favourite distro count has spoken.

Jymm: “What about Ubuntu Mate? Mate is my favourite desktop.

DistroWatch studies elementary OS 0.4 Loki

Basic OS has long been general for its simplified GUI which facets the Pantheon computing device. DistroWatch did an assessment of fundamental OS 0.4 and came away with combined emotions in regards to the typical adventure.
Jesse Smith reports for DistroWatch:

I had very combined impressions of elementary OS 0.4 and I’m still no longer totally certain how I suppose about the distribution after a week of use. Early on I encountered loads of little issues. The distribution didn't play above all well with either of my examine environments, giving me video issues on the desktop and both performance considerations and interface issues in VirtualBox. The application supervisor locked up on me and caused for my password a great deal all over the first few days I used to be the usage of the distribution whereas I introduced added functions. The Pantheon computer does offer some flexibility, however no longer the degree of customization I’m used to from Plasma, Lumina or MATE and that I overlooked that every so often. Previous I discussed when a consumer cannot login (whether from an improper password, parental blocks or locked account) there is not any visible error message which i think will irritate some clients. Having the Epiphany browser segfault for a day best to renew working right here day fed the impression that fundamental turned into unpolished.
Whereas the above aspects of the distribution stricken me, I have to supply a great deal of credit score to the developers for doing loads of things well. Elementary really does have a peculiar computing device design compared with most different Linux distributions and that I think the builders are doing an excellent job of designing a newcomer friendly interface. There’s a strong sense that this desktop become designed with former OS X clients or latest Android users in mind. Searching at the software menu grid and the AppCenter in particular, there is a very mobile-like familiarity. The control panel is pretty corresponding to what we might discover when working the MATE or Cinnamon computers, however once more there is a style current which I feel will believe accepted to any individual who uses a smart mobile.
The basic software menu is pleasantly uncluttered and this is doubtless a fine element. The developers appear to be counting on the AppCenter to convey extra applications and that I think it is a method with a view to work for them.
Right now my overall opinion of fundamental OS 0.four is that there are some awesome design ideas at work, but lots of tough edges in the implementation. Looking on the laptop, its layout and particularly when searching at the well-equipped (and mute-capable) notification environment, it’s clear a lot of thought has gone into the design. Although, I bumped into a few lock-America or glitches which might doubtless turn away the freshmen this productive design is going to appeal to. Hopefully the problems I bumped into can be laboured out in time for the subsequent free up, as a result of I admire the style and strategy basic OS is taking.

Linux Mint 18.1’s new facets

The Linux Mint developers have been working tough to conclude edition 18.1, which may still be launched by means of the conclusion of the year. Linux Mint 18.1 has been dubbed “Serena” by means of its builders, and a fresh put up on the Linux Mint blog has some entertaining guidance about its new elements.

Clem experiences for the Linux Mint blog:

Linux Mint 18.1 was given its legit codename today. It could be known as “Serena” and it'll get hold of its new repositories in the coming days. MATE 1.sixteen is out already and Cinnamon three.2 is only across the corner.

Linux Mint 18.1 may still be launched in November/December 2016 and it'll be supported unless 2021. Enhancements from Linux Mint 18 to Linux Mint 18.1 should be dealt with by means of the update supervisor. They might be each secure and straightforward to perform.

One of the crucial seen alterations in Cinnamon 3.2 is the elimination of “box pointers.” Applet and desklet menus appear different than before. They lost that hole they previously had with the panel or the desklet, and that numerous pointy link which they inherited from GNOME Shell.

Apart from showing you mirrors based on your area, the utility Sources tool now supports “worldwide” mirrors. These mirrors are any cast IP world mirrors, i.e. they've servers in distinctive regions of the realm and redirect your requests to the one that is closest to you.

Guide for languages became additionally greater. Language pack detection now assessments for spell checkers, fonts and a lot of different packages. The selection and setting up of input strategies turned into additionally completely redesigned. You now choose which language you’re drawn to, and this installs guide for typing during this language and recommends learn how to opt for.

No te pierdas el tema anterior: Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak review

Salta al siguiente tema: ChaletOS is a design tweak within the Linux condominium

Quizás también te interese:
Si has encontrado información útil en Exaforo, ayúdanos a seguir creciendo. Muchas gracias por confiar en nosotros!

Volver a Ubuntu client