The content of this article or any related information is under the Creative Commons license BY, you can republish this content freely but you must mention the author of this article: Kernel and indicate the URL of this page: https://www.exabyteinformatica.com/tienda/foro/vmware-vsphere-6-5-native-vcenter-high-availability-t1433.html
VMware vSphere 6.5 – Native vCenter high Availability (VCSA 6.5 only)
VMware announced vSphere 6.5. We have the particulars on the VCSA 6.5, the new installation options, and migration covered in a separate put up. This post will focus on the newly added Native vCenter high Availability (HA). Observe that this may handiest be available for the VCSA 6.5. Windows based mostly vCenter server deployments won’t have this function.
On account that vSphere 6.0, VMware pushes the VCSA equipment further forward. In the past, the appliance has had confined scalability, restrained assist, or limited facets. not all architectural alternatives were supported, so due to this fact, users have been forced to used windows primarily based vCenters in an effort to be capable of have points which they crucial for his or her enterprise environments. The 6.5 unlock changes every little thing.
no longer best that the facets/services parity is now equal with windows based vCenter, however we've new features performing within the VCSA primarily based vCenter, in order to no longer advantage the windows-primarily based deployments. We have now the VUM constructed-in, however also, the VCSA 6.5 supports Native vCenter high Availability.
VMware vSphere 6.5 additionally brings virtual Hardware 13 enabling you to create and run VMs with as much as 6TB of memory, UEFI cozy boot for visitor OS.
Let’s get lower back to Native vCenter high Availability (HA). As you recognize, prior to now there has been a number of options whether you wanted to guarantee an HA in your vCenter Server. Some of them had been not handy to put in force, like MSCS. To do a brief recap on those options, they have been definitely 4 of them:
• vSphere excessive Availability (HA) – vCenter server VM gets restarted on a different host within your cluster. Natural.
• vSphere Fault Tolerance (ft) – handiest in 6.0 (4.x, 5.0, 5.1 or 5.5 were no longer supported)
• Microsoft clustering – WSFC/MSCS – windows Server Failover Clustering or Microsoft Server Failover Clustering to protect a windows-primarily based vCenter Server. There changed into a help for the use of Microsoft SQL Cluster service to be used as a lower back-conclusion database.
• vCenter server Heartbeat – separate answer from VMware. A Paid product. This solution wasn’t a real industrial success. VMware has introduced conclusion of Availability for all vCenter Server Heartbeat versions. Native vCenter excessive Availability (HA) – for VCSA best!!
This 12 months, with vSphere 6.5, VMware introduces new, simplified Native vCenter server excessive Availability (HA) for VCSA 6.5. As being referred to, only vCenter server appliance (VCSA) based mostly architectures will be supported.
What’s in and the way it really works?
• Active-Passive deployments with Witness – synchronous DB replication, and file-based replication.
• Requirements – there might be a brand new, 2nd vNIC introduced (eth1) during the configuration (wizard based mostly). a non-public network as an only requirement to have a subnet of the fundamental network.
That you could see the schema beneath….
There is no need for L2 community necessities or VXLAN.
For which situations?
You could have one VCSA in a single datacenter (active) and passive VCSA in one other datacenter. The VCSA vPostgress DB could have synchronous replication. VMware makes use of native vPostgres replication mechanism.
There are some latency requirements. (may be delivered here later).
File-based mostly replication is close true-time primarily based replication for some info that lays outside of VCSA. (Witness).
Two how you can enable VCSA HA:
There is two configuration alternatives, two workflows, within the assistant:
• Fundamental – minimum info is required via a wizard, like IP tips, in case you have DRS/storage DRS after which the gadget will create for you energetic and passive nodes for you, and create affinity and anti-affinity rules. Otherwise you can manually select nodes where you wish to two VCSAs to run. The system will create the eth1 vNIC interfaces and you’ll additionally deserve to provide port companies the place you want to attach this vNICs, and setup the replication.
• Advanced – a bit of greater complicated. You should manually clone the VMs (active, passive and witness), supply IP guidance. However the superior workflow lets you area the VM for instance, into another datacenter, or a different web site, with different IP addresses and so on… We don’t have further details on this just yet, however we’ll replace the post when the product will be GA.
The announce of VCSA 6.5 has been carried out all over VMworld Barcelona 2016, but as such, the product is not available simply yet. Up to now we don’t have extra information when the product will reach the GA state. Presently, the RC3 is attainable for beta members.
Salta al siguiente tema: How to set SQL Server max memory for VMware
Quizás también te interese: