Please enable / Por favor activa JavaScript!
Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

What people are asserting about Linux  What people are asserting about Linux

Valoración de éste post
4.54 / 5 de 24 votos

Puntos totales:

Enhorabuena!

Linux is fitting a family word. This week, I explore one of the recent press about Linux.

A piece of writing in Wall road city talks about Linux from an investor's point of view. After explaining the place Linux is heading (virtually "in every single place", including the laptop and hand-helds), it talks about how all of the Linux IPOs have carried out very neatly.

For us Linux clients, their part on Linux merits, where they aspect out that Linux is extra sturdy, scalable and relaxed, sounds find it irresistible become written by using the marketing branch of a Linux distributor. They also say, "Is Linux excellent? No, but it surely is the closest thing to it right now for the market it addresses."

Relocating alongside to what CNET has to assert about Linux, we see that Linux is now the number-two server operating system as of 1999. according to an IDC chart, it had sixteen% of the market (making it quantity four) in 1998, however passed Netware and UNIX to circulation as much as quantity two in 1999.

The chances shown with the aid of CNET are 38% for windows NT and 25% for Linux.

The IDC predictions element out that there turned into a 92% boom in earnings of Linux between 1998 and 1999, but they are only counting revenue. As large numbers of Linux downloads can be found at no cost, and that each reproduction of Linux will also be run on diverse desktop systems, the IDC numbers could severely understate truth.

Slipping over to the united kingdom edition of ZDNet, we locate a chunk about Nokia having selected Linux for his or her new digital Media Terminal. Nokia's argument is that proprietary technology is protecting up the marketplace for converged digital television and web services, and that the answer is open source.

Eventually, in a press release dated February 10, SOT Finnish utility Engineering Ltd. introduced they will liberate an English edition of their most excellent Linux 2000 at CeBIT 2000 in Hannover, Germany on February 24.

Surest Linux 2000 differs from all other distributions in that it includes lifetime assist and a free replace provider. Phil Howard, one of the crucial beta testers, referred to, "I do think that some thing like your setup will aid move Linux into the company computing device market where people currently simplest desire Microsoft windows." I haven't considered the product, but amongst Corel Linux, Caldera and this product, we may additionally finally be getting a distribution of Linux that can also be put in and supported via the loads.

I occasionally acquire electronic mail indicating that greater counsel may still be in each Linux Buzz article. Linux Buzz is a preview of what I may be protecting on the radio. it's written a few days earlier than the radio program. For the whole story, take heed to the program.

No te pierdas el tema anterior: Backtrack 5 autologin

Salta al siguiente tema: Installation Munin (Monitoring) in RHEL, CentOS and Fedora

Quizás también te interese:
Si has encontrado información útil en Exaforo, ayúdanos a seguir creciendo. Muchas gracias por confiar en nosotros!

Volver a Unix/Linux